Independent Order of Odd Fellows
Garrison Pottery 1
The plaque is likely 1840s. It is almost identical to the next transfer on this page, except the arm is shaded on the left figure representing Charity (see last detail).
Garrison Pottery 2
A small jug from c1850. The Charity's arm in the last detail is largely unshaded.
The first row of photos show the other transfer on the jug. The slop bowl beneath them, with distinctive lustre decoration, is marked 'Dixon Co' and appears to have a later degraded imprint from this transfer plate.
Garrison Pottery 3
A large unmarked punch bowl, c1850s. This could just be a later imprint of the transfer above. But there do appear to be differences, particularly in the cloud formation in the lower left detail. It is hard to be 100% certain because this transfer is applied to a concave surface, whereas the one above is convex.
A smaller bowl made in the final years of the Garrison Pottery before its closure in 1865. It has a degraded version of the transfer above.
Garrison Pottery 4
This pedestal bowl (c1860) is attributed to Garrison because it has a Gauntlet Clipper transfer that appears on marked 'Dixon Co' plaques. This version of the Oddfellows transfer is relatively crude, and very similar to those found on Scott's wares. It is possible that the transfer plate moved from Dixon's to Scott's when the Garrison Pottery closed in 1865.
Note the similar lustre decoration on the bowl to the marked 'Dixon Co' slop bowl in Garrison 2 above.
The first plaque is likely late 1850s. The second, is perhaps a little later (c1860).
This transfer also appears on Scott impressed bowls like the one below. Scott's supplied Moore's with plain earthenware for decoration during this period. Moore's decorated the wares with their own transfers, typical pink lustre and coloured enamels.
The transfer appears on a bowl with the Scott impress and an unmarked jug.