This creamware mug, attributed to the Garrison Pottery in the Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens, Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums catalogue, is the precursor to the items on this page. It was purchased by them in 1996, so doesn't appear in Baker.
Attributed to John Carr and Sons, Low Lights Pottery, North Shields – 1
Below are two jugs from the 1840s or 50s. The second, has Carr versions of Dixon transfers, including bridge 14 .
A bowl with the transfer printed in sepia with verses associated with North Shields.
Attributed to John Carr and Sons, Low Lights Pottery, North Shields – 2
A similar but simplified variation of the transfer on a mug with a typical John Carr inscription, dated 1849. Note there are no windows on the three buildings in the background. Beneath it, a similar jug.
Attributed to John Carr and Sons, Low Lights Pottery, North Shields – 3
A small pedestal bowl with another variation of the transfer. Note the shading of the clouds and the dotted diagonal line under the bridge, which also appears on the second bowl below.
Below a slop bowl, which better shows the title of the transfer.
Attributed to John Carr and Sons, Low Lights Pottery, North Shields – 4
A small mug and pedestal bowl with what appears to be yet another variation of the transfer. The clouds under the bridge are again slightly different. The wavy lustre decoration was used by Carr c1870 and there are orange-lustre versions of these bowls, suggesting a relatively late date.
Redhead, Wilson & Co, Forth Banks, Newcastle Pottery – 1833–1838
The transfer as it appears on a highly decorated bowl with a dated inscription from 1835.
The same transfer on a small jug. Both Dixon (Sunderland) and Newcastle appear to have made these small blue-collared jugs.
The later mug below, perhaps 1850s, has a degraded version of the transfer.