An East View of the Bridge to be Erected... – bridge 34
The items on this page precede the opening of the Cast Iron Bridge of the River Wear in 1796. The transfer commemorates the laying of the first stone in 1793.
A slightly larger mug with the same transfer
Below a photo showing the comparative sizes of the two mugs above, and a 'punch pot' from John & Jennifer May's 'Commemorative Pottery 1780–1900'.
Finally, an even larger mug from the Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens, Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums collection.